Kassel takes pride in being a true partner in the purchasing process, beyond simply a source of capital. Our team invests time and resources to identify critical opportunities by utilizing data analytics, the market, and existing human capital. Through the team's collective experience, Kassel has developed a proven execution and operation model. Our firm's strategy is unique and makes us the ideal partners for investors and businesses.
Excel In Complex Situations
Kassel excels in complex situations, including family-owned businesses with no succession plan. and distressed transactions, where speed and certainty to close is a priority. Our firm has experience structuring, financing, and closing transactions in unique circumstances. Kassel is often considered the buyer of choice by management teams, owners, financial intermediaries, and capital sources.
Avoid Excessive Risks
Kassel seeks to create value in investments through the development and implementation of a shared strategic vision of how to maximize revenue and cash flow. As a result, the firm builds value for investors by utilizing time-tested operational best practices and prudent growth strategies, without relying on excessive amounts of leverage or unnecessary risks.
Hands-On, Operational Approach
With extensive background and experience in operations, Kassel's team approaches investing with an operational mindset. We aim to serve as a value-add resource to management teams, leveraging the collective strengths of the group, and taking an active role in developing and implementing the operational strategy. All of our real estate assets are self-managed, and the vertical integration of our affiliated companies optimizes cash flow and equity.
Kassel is industry-agnostic and situation specific, with experience and relationships across many sectors. Our team has successfully deployed equity capital across a diverse set of manufacturing, construction, distribution, and value-add service industries.
- $5 to $100 million in annual revenue
- Invest $1 to $20 million EBITDA
- Headquartered in Midwestern and Southeastern United States
- Leading, defensible market position with sustainable competitiveness
- Differentiated and diversified products or services
- At or near an inflection point in business life cycle
- Value-add opportunities with strategic growth
- Transition planning for private or family businesses
- Under-funded or in need of additional working capital
- Complex and special situations in protected niches
- Underperforming or operationally challenged businesses
- Building Products
- Construction & Infrastructure
- Transportation & Logistics
View the companies that comprise our current portfolio.